Dr. Alain Bellerive
About Dr. Alain Bellerive
My research is in experimental particle physics, the study of the fundamental constituents of matter and their interactions. I am involved in the ATLAS experiment at CERN Large Hadron Collider (LHC). The ATLAS experiment is an exciting project exploring physics at the TeV energy scale, where new kinds of phenomena are expected to appear. The LHC and ATLAS allow for the detailed study of the mechanism of electroweak symmetry breaking, the exploration of the origin of mass and the search for particles that could make up the elusive dark matter.
I am currently working on Standard Model analyses and Higgs Physics with the ATLAS detector. I am also contributing to the operation of the ATLAS New Small Wheel (NSW). I am pursuing new opportunities, including the development of Micro Pattern Gas Detector (MPGD) with the RD51 Collaboration at CERN for the future International Linear Collider (ILC).
In past years, I headed the Sudbury Neutrino Observatory (SNO) group at Carleton University. The SNO results are recognized as a top scientific breakthrough in recent times. The SNO collaboration completed its final paper which analyzed the full dataset of all phases of the experiment.
I strongly encourage inquiries from students interested in working on ATLAS. Please contact me via email, phone or simply stop by my office.
Theses of former graduate students:
- Stephen Weber - PhD (link = https://curve.carleton.ca/30886490-4a4b-4cdc-87bc-91e13e94ecb3)
- Dylan Pizzi - MSc (link = https://curve.carleton.ca/814bd173-bafd-4040-a118-f1f5878b5ccd)
- Jim Lacey - PhD (link = https://curve.carleton.ca/5e1349f8-4e1a-49ca-b7c6-0b0fe41634e0)
- Miro Vujicic - MSc (link = https://curve.carleton.ca/2b14ee9e-cb2e-4878-9e19-3cb7722e69fa)
- Pierre-Luc Drouin - PhD (link = https://curve.carleton.ca/7bfa3778-e849-4b37-be72-a3964454c784)
- Olivier Simard - PhD (link = https://curve.carleton.ca/5696fbe5-16eb-4616-bddd-631254840269)
- Gordana Tesic - PhD (link = https://curve.carleton.ca/79ebdbd7-b870-4ecf-b276-ac2a4a16b888)
- Olivier Simard - MSc (link = https://curve.carleton.ca/2f2b4e0a-5177-496d-8c99-db6aaafa2221)
- Etienne Rollin - MSc (link = https://curve.carleton.ca/358ffb79-de56-4f3e-8ae6-6b0845597555)