Dr. Robert de Kemp
About Dr. Robert de Kemp
Cardiac P.E.T. Centre - University of Ottawa Heart Institute
40 Ruskin Street
Development of three-dimensional attenuation, scatter and partial volume corrections for positron emission tomography. Automated 3D cardiac image analysis and interpretation methods including kinetic modeling of Rb-82 blood flow and F-18-FDG metabolism measurements. New isotope infusion/inhalation systems for Rb-82 and O-15-labeled tracers for control of total administered activity and activity rates. 3D reconstruction of coronary arteries and fusion of anatomic/functional images.control of infusion dose rates as well as total injected dose and volume.
- Mielniczuk LM, Birnie D, Ziadi MC, Dekemp RA, Dasilva JN, Burwash I, Tang AT, Davies RA, Haddad H, Guo A, Aung M, Williams K, Ukkonen H, Beanlands RS. The Relationship Between Right Ventricular Function and Increased Right Ventricular [18F] Fluorodeoxyglucose Accumulation in Patients with Heart Failure. (2010)
- Klein R, Beanlands RS, Wassenaar RW, Thorn SL, Lamoureux M, DaSilva JN, Adler A, deKemp RA. Kinetic model-based factor analysis of dynamic sequences for 82-rubidium cardiac positron emission tomography. (2010)
- Wells RG, Ruddy TD, DeKemp RA, DaSilva JN, Beanlands RS. Single-phase CT aligned to gated PET for respiratory motion correction in cardiac PET/CT. (2010)
- Klein R, Beanlands RS, deKemp RA. Quantification of myocardial blood flow and flow reserve: Technical aspects. (2010)
- Crawford SA, Costford SR, Aguer C, Thomas SC, deKemp RA, DaSilva JN, Lafontaine D, Kendall M, Dent R, Beanlands RS, McPherson R, Harper ME. Naturally occurring R225W mutation of the gene encoding AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK)gamma(3) results in increased oxidative capacity and glucose uptake in human primary myotubes. (2010)
- Lalonde M, Birnie D, Ruddy TD, deKemp RA, Wassenaar RW. SPECT blood pool phase analysis can accurately and reproducibly quantify mechanical dyssynchrony. (2010)
- Klein R, Renaud JM, Ziadi MC, Thorn SL, Adler A, Beanlands RS, deKemp RA. Intra- and inter-operator repeatability of myocardial blood flow and myocardial flow reserve measurements using rubidium-82 pet and a highly automated analysis program. (2010)
- Abraham A, Nichol G, Williams KA, Guo A, deKemp RA, Garrard L, Davies RA, Duchesne L, Haddad H, Chow B, DaSilva J, Beanlands RS; PARR 2 Investigators. 18F-FDG PET imaging of myocardial viability in an experienced center with access to 18F-FDG and integration with clinical management teams: the Ottawa-FIVE substudy of the PARR 2 trial. (2010)
- Chow BJ, Abunassar JG, Ascah K, Dekemp R, Dasilva J, Mesana T, Beanlands RS, Ruddy TD. Effects of mitral valve surgery on myocardial energetics in patients with severe mitral regurgitation. (2010)
- Birnie D, DeKemp RA, Ruddy TD, Tang AS, Guo A, Williams K, Wassenar R, Lalonde M, Beanlands RS. Effect of lateral wall scar on reverse remodeling with cardiac resynchronization therapy. (2009)
- Klein R, Adler A, Beanlands RS, deKemp RA. "Precision Control of Eluted Activity from a Sr/Rb Generator for Cardiac Perfusion Imaging with 3D PET." Phys Med Biol 52,659-673, (2007).
- Kenk M, Greene M, deKemp RA, Lortie M, Thorn S, Beanlands RS, DaSilva JN. "In vivo selective binding of (R)-[11C]rolipram to phosphodiesterase-4 provides the basis for studying intracellular cAMP signaling in the myocardium and other peripheral tissues". Nuclear Medicine & Biology, 34, 71-77, (2007).
- Chow BW, Dennie C, Hoffmann U, deKemp R, Ruddy T, Beanlands RS. "Comparison of computed tomography angiography versus Rubidium-82 PET for the detection of patients with anatomical coronary artery disease". Can J Cardiol,23,801-7, (2007).
- deKemp R, Yoshinaga K, Beanlands RS. "Will 3-dimensional PET enable routine quantification of myocardial blood flow". J Nucl Cardiol, 14, 380-397, (2007).
- Lortie M, Beanlands RSB, Yoshinaga K, Klein R, DaSilva JN, deKemp RA. "Quantification of Myocardial Blood Flow with 82Rb Dynamic PET Imaging". Eur J Nucl Med Molec Imag (2007) (ePub ahead of print).
- Johnson CB, Beanlands RS, Yoshinaga K, Haddad J, Leech J, deKemp R, Burwash IG. "Acute and chronic effects of continuous positive airway pressure therapy on left ventricular systolic and diastolic function in patients with obstructive sleep apnea and congestive heart failure". Can J Cardiol (2007) (In press).
- Ruel M, Beanlands R, Lortie M, Chan V, deKemp R, Suuronen E, Rubens FD, DaSilva J, Sellke FW, Stewart DJ, Mesana TG. "Concomitant treatment with oral L-arginine improves the efficacy of surgical angiogenesis in patients with severe diffuse coronary artery disease: The endothelial modulation in angiogenic therapy (EMAT) randomized controlled trial". J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2007 (in press).
- Beanlands RSB, Nichol G, Huszti E, Humen D, Racine N, Freeman M, Gulenchyn KY, Garrard L, deKemp R, Gao A, Ruddy TD, Benard F, Lamy A, Iwanochko RM, and the PARR2 investigators. "F-18-fluorodeoxyglucose PET imaging assisted management of patients with severe LV dysfunction and suspected CAD. A randomized controlled trial (PARR-2)". J Am Coll Cardiol 2007 (in press).