Dr. Richard Richardson
About Dr. Richard Richardson
Code for assessing internal dose. An internal dosimetry code (100,000 lines) called GENMOD-PC for WINDOWS has been developed that calculates radionuclide intakes or the radiation dose to human organs and tissues from the inhalation and ingestion of radionuclide elements and compounds.
Radon and non-cancer disease. A public health issue is being studied by assessing radon dosimetry, radon solubility and the induction of non-cancer diseases such as cardiovascular disease.
Dosimetry of tritium and 14C in fission and fusion. Gender has been found to be important influence on the uptake and retention of tritium and 14C in the human body. A physiological model based on biochemical reactions has being developed that quantifies the radiation dose from the dietary uptake of tritium and 14C on the basis of metabolism of the dietary constituents; fats, carbohydrates and proteins.A physiological bone model for use with the HCNO model is under development.
- PREFACE: WORKSHOP ON EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS FOR VULNERABLE POPULATION GROUPS (Proceedings of the Workshop, Ottawa, Canada; March 2-3, 2009) Editors: Chen J., Kramer G. H., Richardson R. B., Wilkinson, D. Radiat Prot. Dosim. 134:132-135, 2009.
- FACTORS THAT ELEVATE THE INTERNAL RADIONUCLIDE AND CHEMICAL RETENTION, DOSE AND HEALTH RISKS TO INFANTS AND CHILDREN IN A RADIOLOGICAL-NUCLEAR EMERGENCY R. B. Richardson. Radiat Prot. Dosim. 134:167-180, 2009.
- ISSUES, CONSIDERATIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS ON EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS FOR VULNERABLE POPULATION GROUPS.
Chen J, Wilkinson D, Richardson RB, Waruszynski B. Radiat Prot. Dosim. 134:132-135, 2009.
- RADIATION DOSE TO TRABECULAR BONE MARROW STEM CELLS FROM 3H, 14C, AND SELECTED ?-EMITTERS INCORPORATED IN A BONE REMODELING COMPARTMENT. H. Nie and R. B. Richardson. Phys. Med. Biol. 54:963-979, 2009
- 60AGE-DEPENDENT CHANGES IN OXYGEN TENSION, RADIATION DOSE AND SENSITIVITY WITHIN NORMAL AND DISEASED CORONARY ARTERIES-PART A: DOSE FROM RADON AND THORON. R.B. Richardson. Int. J Radiat Biol. 84:838-848, 2008.
- AGE-DEPENDENT CHANGES IN OXYGEN TENSION, RADIATION DOSE AND SENSITIVITY WITHIN NORMAL AND DISEASED CORONARY ARTERIES-PART B: MODELING OXYGEN DIFFUSION INTO VESSEL WALLS.
R.B. Richardson. Int J Radiat Biol. 84:849-857, 2008.
- AGE-DEPENDENT CHANGES IN OXYGEN TENSION, RADIATION DOSE AND SENSITIVITY WITHIN NORMAL AND DISEASED CORONARY ARTERIES-PART C: OXYGEN EFFECT AND ITS IMPLICATIONS ON HIGH- AND LOW-LET DOSE.
R.B. Richardson. Int J Radiat Biol. 84:858-865, 2008.
- SIZING PARTICLES OF NATURAL URANIUM AND NUCLEAR FUELS USING
POLY-ALLYL-DIGLYCOL CARBONATE AUTORADIOGRAPHY
G. Hegyi and R.B. Richardson Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 130:466-475, 2008
- MONTE CARLO SIMULATION OF TRABECULAR BONE REMODELLING AND ABSORBED DOSE COEFFICIENTS FOR TRITIUM AND 14C
R. B. Richardson, H. L. Nie and D. R. Chettle
Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 127:158-162, 2007.