Adjunct Research Professor
Dr. Madhu Dixit
About Dr. Madhu Dixit
I am investigating new opportunities, including the development of a Time Projection Chamber for the International Linear Collider and SNOLAB.
- The ILC is a proposed new high energy electron-positron collider uniquely capable of new discoveries & to better understand LHC discoveries.
- A ~100 µm resolution Time Projection Chamber (TPC) has been proposed for the ILC tracker.
- The resolution goal is more than 2 times better than existing TPCs.
- Worldwide R&D effort to develop Micro Pattern Gas Detectors (MPGD) to meet the ILC TPC challenge.
- The Carleton group has developed a new concept of charge dispersion in a 2 dimensional R-C network for the ILC MPGD-TPC.
- Small prototype TPC tests demonstrate that the 100 µm resolution is achievable.
- Our TPC design concept is being further developed for the ILC.
- ILC Website