Dr. Rolf Clackdoyle
About Dr. Rolf Clackdoyle
The Ottawa Hospital - Diagnostic Imaging - RECON - Civic Campus - 153 Carling Ave. S50
Analytic methods image reconstruction from projections: Development of theory and algorithms for limited data problems in classical tomography, for example, region-of-interest reconstruction from truncated projections. Analysis of sufficient and insufficient data configurations and what object features can and can not be reliably reconstructed in these situations Dynamnic region-of-interest reconstruction: Development of theory and reconstruction algorithms for imaging non-static specimens with incomplete (e.g. truncated) data. A typical example would be scanning a patient throughout several respiratory cycles with a detector too small to cover the full transaxial extent. Geometric calibration of cone-beam scanners: Development of direct analytic methods of obtaining geometric parameters of a generic cone-beam scanner by imaging a known calibration phantom and extracting the scanner geometry from the measurements using direct formulas.
- R.Clackdoyle, C.Mennessier. 2011. "Centers and centroids of the conebeam projection of a ball." Phys. Med. Biol. 56, 7371-7391
- R.Clackdoyle, M.Defrise. 2010. "Tomographic Reconstruction in the 21st Century. Region-of-interest reconstruction from incomplete data." IEEE Signal Processing. 27(4), 60-80
- C.Mennessier, R.Clackdoyle, F.Noo. 2009. "Direct determination of geometric parameters for cone-beam scanners," Phys. Med. Biol. 54, 1633-1660.
- S.Bartolac, R.Clackdoyle, F.Noo, J.Siewerdsen, D.Moseley, D.Jaffray. 2009. "A local shift-variant Fourier model and experimental validation of circular cone-beam tomography artifacts," Med. Phys. 36, 500-512
- J.Roberts, R.Maddula, R.Clackdoyle, E.Di Bella, Z.Fu. 2007. "The Effect of Acquisition Interval and Spatial Resolution on Dynamic Cardiac Imaging with a Stationary SPECT Camera," Phys. Med. Biol. 52, 4525-4540
- M.Defrise, F.Noo, R.Clackdoyle, H.Kudo. 2006. "Truncated Hilbert transform and image reconstruction from limited tomographic data." Inverse Problems 22, 1037-1053
- R.Clackdoyle, F.Noo, G.Guo, J.Roberts. 2004. "Quantitative reconstruction from truncated projections in classical tomography." IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci. 51, 2570-2578
- F.Noo, R.Clackdoyle, J.D.Pack. 2004. "A two-step Hilbert transform method for 2D image reconstruction." Phys. Med. Biol. 49, 3903-3923
- R.Clackdoyle, F.Noo. 2004. "A large class of inversion formulae for the 2D Radon transform of functions of compact support." Inverse Problems 20, 1281-1291
- D.Brasse, P.E.Kinahan, R.Clackdoyle, M.Defrise, C.Comtat, D.W.Townsend. 2004. "Fast Fully 3D Image Reconstruction in PET Using Planograms." IEEE Trans. Med. Imag. 23, 413-425
- H.Kudo, F.Noo, M.Defrise, R.Clackdoyle. 2002. "New Super-Short-Scan Algorithms for Fan-Beam and Cone-Beam Reconstruction." Conference Record of the 2002 IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference. Norfolk, VA. IEEE Service Center, Volume 2, 902-906
- F.Noo, M.Defrise, R.Clackdoyle, H.Kudo. 2002. "Image reconstruction from fan-beam projections on less than a short-scan." Phys. Med. Biol. 47, 2525-2546