Hello, and welcome to the official home page of the Graduate Association for Students in Physics (GASP) at Carleton University.
Check out the tabs to the left for events, deadlines and general information relevant for graduate students in the physics department. Upcoming events, deadlines and announcements are listed below and are updated every Sunday. Please check in regularly!
We're now on Twitter! Check us out here.
- TA training will be held on Thursday, September 3rd at 2:30 pm in HP 4130. This is a great opportunity to meet your fellow graduate students, receive your TA assignments, and pick up some new tips for being a stellar TA! If you haven't already, register on Carleton Central to have this count towards your mandatory training hours.
- Remember that classes on Friday, September 4th follow a Monday schedule.
- Check out the Physics Summer Research Student Presentations on Thursday, September 3rd at 6:00pm in HP 4351.
- Don't miss the Physics Department Seminar on Tuesday, September 15th at 3:30pm in HP 4351. More information here.
- If you are interested in joining a Bargaining Research committee, please contact
cupe4600mobilizegmail [dot] com (CUPE 4600). Duties will include conducting membership surveys and gathering or analyzing information relevant to the union bargaining process.
- As a TA, you may now access up to $300 in both physiotherapy and chiropractic care. Please contact cupe4600carleton [dot] ca with any questions
Coming up in September:
- September 2, 2015: Fall term classes begin.
- September 3, 2015: Physics graduate TA training.
- September 3, 2015: Physics summer research student presentations.
- September 7, 2015: Statutory holiday. University closed.
- September 15, 2015: Physics Department Seminar.
- September 18th, 2015: Last day to register for fall term and fall/winter courses.
- September 30th, 2015: Last day to withdraw from fall term and fall/winter courses with a full fee adjustment.